Saturday, May 12, 2007

So, What?

All right I know it's been awhile. I've been busy OK. I do have a life. Well sort of. I have a knew camera. Just a cheapo I bought so I could take with me on a family visit last month but, better then nothing. I can at least post pictures on my flickr site which I do update regularly. I just got back from Long Beach for the SCAA (Specialty Coffee Association of America and the USBC (United States Barista Championships). I did compete and I sucked it up pretty bad. It is kinda a surreal experience to have spent a good number of hours training and getting ready and then almost at the out set of your competition to mess up bad enough where you know that you will not advance to the next round. Well that's what happened to me but, I will practice even harder and I will be ready for the NW regional competition that will be held here in Seattle at the end of October or early November. Other then sucking it up at the competition I had a great time in Long Beach. I got to see allot of my coffee family. Jeremy made a surprise appearance down (Jeremy used to work with me at Hotwire and didn't think he could come) thanks to his girlfriend. I participated in the latte art smack down and got smacked down. ha ha. That was funny.

1 comment:

Has Bean steve said...

Was great to meet you in long beach, look forwartd to your performance next year keep true.